Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Sitting With Challengers

There are only so many 4NL 6 max tables (by the way, anyone try 4NL full ring? I wonder what those games are like...) that Cake runs, and we inevitably will (and have) run into each other out there. So, what do you do? Do you try not to sit with others WNPers when table selecting?

I generally don't try to sit with other memebers of the challenge, and if there are two of you on a table I definitely wont sit at it (unless the action is just too good to pass up). If I do notice one of you at my table, I'm not trying to run any sick bluffs on you. That's what WNP is for :). I generally play you guys very tight and straight up. I only play my big hands in pots in which you guys are involved, and I tend to give you all a lot of credit for showing up with big hands vs me. Of course I don't want to interfere with any of your games and all's fair on the tables. For the sake of the game in general we shouldn't be soft playing each other, but that's how I approach it. What do you do?

3 comments:

royalbacon said...

I do exactly like you do, Chuck. If possible to avoid tables with other challengers, I will, but more often than not there aren't any other tables available so I'll go ahead and sit down with one other challenger. If I ever came across two other challengers sitting at one table, I wouldn’t.

As far as play on the table, I agree — exactly that. Here’s to hoping we don’t end up KK v AA.

Adam said...

Agree 100%. I prefer *to* play with other Challengers. Partly a social thing. Partly a discipline thing. I tend to play less stupider (syntax intentional) with a friend. Of course, when we eventually meet up at the $10/$20 NLHE tables (probably have the stack for that by mid-March), gloves come off. :)

Marshall said...

I CAN POST